GEC's Layout Progress
I've hardly posted in some time! In fact, I've not been as active as i used to be, but still, I have finished some projects recently. Forgive the terrible backdrop!

I finally modeled Conrail 3660, a GP35 i picked not only because it was a neat patch job, but was the only GP35 on my Amtrak New York Division dispatcher sheet. It was apparently heading west right before midnight on a Jersey City-Conway freight, sandwhiched between B23-7 1946 and U25B 2605. That latter U25B frustrates me since it should have been a no-brainer...

[Image: P8191208.jpg]

The Bowser U25B as it was didn't match the ex- Erie Lackawanna unit it was numbered as. I ended up finding a former New York Central U25B, Conrail 2507 that was a closer match after some modifications. These included changing the nose, cab and horn, as well as adding a hood mounted bell. In hindsight though, I should have modeled 2605, an ex PRR unit. Upon closer inspection, 2605 is actually fairly conistent with the model as I built it, with the only exception being that the PRR units had a frame mounted bell and a larger Cab Signal box.

[Image: P8141084.jpg]

I've also finished patching up Conrail 6288, an ex-CNJ Exx B&O SD40.

[Image: P8141101.jpg]

I also had planned to do a PC black patch of an RS11, but it turns out none of the black ones lasted very long. Atlas already made an RTR model of this, but I used the undecorated model to correct some of the issues with the atlas details that were inconsistent with the prototype. This involved removing a door on the short hood and moving the grab irons to the other side in its place. there was protruding base for a cab mounted horn that I shaved off and filled in. There are a few other things that need to be done, but its looking good so far. As it turns out, the incorrect horn on the U25B above was just right for this engine.

[Image: P8141096.jpg]

I finally got around to painting and decaling NJ DOT GP7 #5681, though I still need a few more decals before I can seal it all in. The true color blue is particularly glossy, so this one will need a dull-coating.

[Image: P8231230.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread