UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks guys! Icon_e_biggrin 
Yes, I think not painting the railings really helped add to some realism  Goldth .

Well, I didnt get as much done this week on the layout as I wanted, but I ended up doing a couple other projects so that didnt help the layout any. 

I did get my SD40-2T fixed up though, it needed new couplers, and the front & rear railings replaced. I ended up having a spare front railing so that worked out great, the rear railing...not so much. I didnt have another railing to replace the rear, but the mid area of the rear railing was fine, it was both of the side parts of the rear rail that was broken, so I ended up taking some fine wire and making the side rails on the rear railing myself. The left side really worked out great, it looks pretty darn good, the right side...well, I might go back and redo that at some time Icon_redface , but I left it for now. I put that engine in the #2 spot and ran it when I was finished to make sure there was no coupler problems after I had replaced them. EDIT: this side you see has the "bad" rear railing I had made, the other side looks great.
[Image: 95VlvXf.jpg]

I was taking pics of the train I had going with the fixed engine in it, the engine on point was an SD45-2T, took a pic of it running through an area I dont post much of, thought WOW, that pic looks good, then after I uploaded the pic to Imgur I realized...THE FRONT PLOW IS BUSTED OFF! OMG, didnt even notice it while I was running it, sure as heck, in the display case where I keep that engine, there it sat...cripes, well, here's the pic since I uploaded it anyways...
[Image: evBfpPL.jpg]

So after I fixed the plow on that engine, I decided I was going to work on the area just outside the tunnel, near Owen, I put scrubs and bushes down around there, and decided since I was doing Wisconsin and I didn't have any farm fields on the layout, I would put a cow pasture by the old farm house just outside the tunnel, the farm its self would be "implied". I seen at the hobby store that they had some nice fencing and some Dairy cows that would work perfect in that area, at least I would have cows on the layout...being it is Wisconsin. 
SO, I drove to Rockford friday to the hobby shop...SADLY, THEY WERE CLOSED! CRIPES, the street the hobby shop was on was being reblack topped friday, so the store closed for the day, cripes, wish I would have known, wasted trip.
Here's a couple pics of the area, just waiting for the fencing and dairy cows...
[Image: Ecs9LWd.jpg] 

[Image: MEOGuum.jpg]

I had three Dash 9's still hooked up from earlier in the week, decided to run them for a bit, took a couple pics of the small town of Owen, I dont post many shots of that, like all the layout, the town of Owen needs a lot of work still done to it, far from finished, but heres a couple shots of part of it...
[Image: nlwD3YF.jpg]

[Image: RgdCz6j.jpg]

Well, that where I am at now, till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread