"Going somewhere" contest, full-scale entries
First photo is from an October 07 excursion between Kamloops, BC, and Armstrong. It was a beautiful fall day, and the equally elegant ex-CN 2-8-0 #2141 pulled us very well out and back. She had to pull tender first on the return trip, and hit a farmer's 5-ton gravel truck pulling a large hay wagon with large round bales. Very little damage to either vehicle because the 70+ year-old hogger was right on the ball. I sent him my compliments via the excursion office, and he ended up calling me. We chatted for half an hour.

[Image: IMG_1150r.jpg]

Second image is of the cross-over at Cisco, BC, where the CN and CP swap sides of the Fraser River Canyon.

[Image: IMG_0875r.jpg]

Thirdly, in March of this year, we chased this train (not purposefully, the two routes run the Fraser Canyon, so neither of us had a choice). Here it is rounding a bend about 10 km east of Lytton, still in the South Thompson.

[Image: IMG_4511r.jpg]

We stopped at Lytton and I dashed on down the embankment to photograph this newly decked bridge. CN had a nasty derailment on the far side in 2007, and I guess they decided to re-engineer it all.

[Image: IMG_4513r.jpg]

And lastly, on May 03 of this year, I finally got a ride pulled by the wonderful Royal Hudson. Ain't she a beauty!?

[Image: IMG_4707.jpg]

Messages In This Thread