The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a very strange 79 ad heading up to 89. Just two days a ago we were wrapped in coats and shivering.

This weekend was somewhat productive. We got some easter decorations put away. My wife and daughter got some tulip bulbs planted. With my daughter’s help we were able to do several loads of laundry. She had to do all the heavy lifting. I did a minor repair to our herb garden table. We made the usual visits to PetSmart, and the grocery store. We dropped off some Amazon returns.

I ran a grain train made up of a 21 3-bay covered hoppers and a caboose. Power was two Chessie U30C locomotives from Atlas Master Locomotive series silver version. I had some power issues, but some track cleaning seemed to address them. I took some measurements in the rea of the bridges and test fit the tunnel portal that will act as the roadway tunnel. I need to trim the tunnel and paint it.

Today will be spent making sure I stay hydrated. Being only slightly dehydrated can cause issues with the bladder. With hernia I do not need any other issues. I need to stop at the produce store on the way home. We did not make there over the weekend. I hope to continue doing laundry and finally get a handle on the backlog.

If time permits, I may test another couple of locomotives and start another train.

Since I have been running some long trains as runbys I have been thinking about how to post the runby. I don’t feel comfortable posting it to the Weekly Photo thread. I feel posting it there would basically highjack the thread due to the number of photos which could 30 plus. Therefore, I most likely will create a separate thread in the Shutterbug forum for each one. Thoughts?

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-29-2024, 09:17 AM