10-05-2026, 07:49 PM
Good evening folks
The weekend turned out to be a mixed bag for me. Friday night I could sleep. To do something, I worked on converting some Athearn hoppers from McHenry couplers to Kadee #148 couplers until I lost a screw.
Saturday, my wife and I ran errands. We stopped at Kohl’s so she could pick up an order and return some things. Then a trip to Staples to recycle some ink cartridges and get some paper. Then a trip to the LHS to get replacement screws.
Sunday, I was not feeling well for most of the day. My son, my daughter and her boyfriend put out the outdoor Halloween decorations. I had to provide some direction. The photo shows the results. Things will be added right until Halloween night.
![[Image: 8UpL3hq.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/8UpL3hq.jpg)
Once I had replacement screws, I could finish the coupler conversions. At the LHS I found a PRR calendar and a Bachman Waddle Coal hopper which meant another couple r conversion. I also renumbered the car along with another Waddell Coal hopper. I renumbered a couple of Accurail Lehigh Valley wood reefers. I finally got the train made up and ran it.
Todd congratulations on the grandchild! Hope all goes well.
I hope everybody has a good night.
The weekend turned out to be a mixed bag for me. Friday night I could sleep. To do something, I worked on converting some Athearn hoppers from McHenry couplers to Kadee #148 couplers until I lost a screw.
Saturday, my wife and I ran errands. We stopped at Kohl’s so she could pick up an order and return some things. Then a trip to Staples to recycle some ink cartridges and get some paper. Then a trip to the LHS to get replacement screws.
Sunday, I was not feeling well for most of the day. My son, my daughter and her boyfriend put out the outdoor Halloween decorations. I had to provide some direction. The photo shows the results. Things will be added right until Halloween night.
![[Image: 8UpL3hq.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/8UpL3hq.jpg)
Once I had replacement screws, I could finish the coupler conversions. At the LHS I found a PRR calendar and a Bachman Waddle Coal hopper which meant another couple r conversion. I also renumbered the car along with another Waddell Coal hopper. I renumbered a couple of Accurail Lehigh Valley wood reefers. I finally got the train made up and ran it.
Todd congratulations on the grandchild! Hope all goes well.
I hope everybody has a good night.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
