Poll: Where would you like to hold our day trip for Big Blue members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jim Thorpe, Pa.
35.71%
5 35.71%
Steamtown, Scranton, Pa.
50.00%
7 50.00%
Strasburg, Pa.
14.29%
2 14.29%
Other (please specify in a separate post in this thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Day trip for Gauge members
I'm still going, but SHOOT! this will be the greatest distance I've traveled on my own, and its not even somewhere I'm familiar with.

I'm using Google earth for directions, but i get nervous. I know Google Earth will often put me out of my way. For example, it would have me drive north on the New Jersey turnpike from Exit 5 to the PA turnpike extension, but that is going out of my way, and i suspect it costs more (paying toll for the turnpike, then the bridge, then the PA turnpike, unless I'm wrong). It would seem cheaper and maybe faster from my location to go up Route 541 and pass over the Burlington Bristol Bridge, for those familiar with the area, and get on the PA turnpike there.

on the other hand, if i just try to plot my own course, i could get stuck with roads that don't really go the way i want to go. It looks like its smooth sailing once i get on the Northeast Extension of the PA turnpike, but i'm curious if any of you guys have any suggestions when i start approaching Steam town.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread