CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
Hay Oh!

Thanks for the link Bruce! I had not come across that site in my Internet searches as of yet.

I spent a few hours working on re-furbishing my double x-over this weekend. Like I said in a previous post I planned on using PC Board Ties throughout my hand built track work. So I started with it. I figured it would give me a good snap shot as to what I might be in for. One thing hasn't changed, this thing is still a beast to work on. I'm happy to report that the operation went well. I tested the the trackwork for shorts using my VOM meter, thanks to Don (ezdays) for posting up his tutorial and for helping figure out how to use mine. Now I can test for shorts, before installing the trackwork on the layout! Thumbsup

I took a few pictures. I also used some strip styrene to fill in some gaps where I used a Dremel cut off disk. I had some expansion problems with the old track work and in my haste I used the Dremel to "correct" some shorts curcuits. I simply inserted the styrene in the gaps, used some CA to glue it in place and then filed the styrene to match the profile of the rail. I'm pretty sure that once painted and weathered the gap "fillers" will be well hidden.

I want to get the yard ladder and a couple more tunrouts along with the respective track work installed in the next couple of weeks. Then I can test some of my electronic tidbits to see how that set up will work...so exciting!!! Big Grin

[Image: DSC03138.jpg?t=1251041371]

It's been a while since my workbench has seen this kind of activity.

[Image: DSC03140.jpg]

[Image: DSC03141.jpg]

Messages In This Thread