Changing a simple coach
Rus, thank you also very much for your honouring comments.

Michael, I’m not sure if the eye-end if these anchors should be hanged in the air? I think that it will be mechanically and physically better when the first nbw casting to the eye should be positioned as close as maybe to the eye? And I think that this nbw must than fixed directly through flat ends of the anchor to the bottom or a frame beam. However this is my view to this problem or did you see other arrangements on pictures or drawings?

Here a more picture showing a few more details …

[Image: VandT-coach_19.JPG]

… and I see also that a too heavy enlargement shows all my inaccuracies and problem zones (would say my wife) at lower center. However I will show you that all under-floor mounted parts are fixed additionally by nbw castings or by small bolts which altogether are glued and in most cases also riveted through the floor including the original steel weight sheet. And I do not even know how many drill bits I have lost drilling all the small holes for these bolts.
Wayne you are right, gluing alone is not the best solution for fixing these many small parts and in most cases I fixed the parts first on this mechanical way and after I filled the small holes and gaps with ac glue. I would be sure that I must not make repairs in a later building phase or in times when model will be in use on a layout.
Sorry for my long explanations. But these are all things that you all know even from their own experiences.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread