Layout Wiring Tips and Tricks?
Hi guys,

My buddy is going to start laying some track down on the layout i designed for him (Steel Mill Layout). He has the benchwork built and bought some rolled cork, glued it down and now is ready for trackwork. He has the plan printed out in 1:1 scale (done on a plotter).

He's asked me to post on the forums asking for help on how to correctly wire a layout. Hes doing DCC, and there are 2 reverse loops in the plan. We know where to isolate the points and were going to be using 2 of the Digitrax AR-1's (one for each loop). Basically he is wanting to know the correct way to wire the layout, isolate the gaps correctly. Questions like the length and gauge of the feeder wires and the gauge of the bus wire. How often (every 12" or so?) do you put feeders in?

Any and all help is going to be appreciated, this is going to be a learning experience for both him and I, since i have never done this either lol. Were looking for some expert advise and how-to's here, and i know there are many guys here who know what there talking about and know how to do it right the first time around Misngth

Thanks in advance!!
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread