WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Jesso: Thanks for the comments. I'm more than happy to post my progress for everyone. Every now and then I get a "hankering" to build something. I figured I would build a building!

Tetters: No, not done yet!! Eek When I started on Friday, my calculations were that I would be putting plywood and tarpaper on the roof today. I missed a bit. There is an outside shot that I could be doing it tomorrow, but probably not until wednesday.

The problem with a dolly or anything with small wheels is that the yard is muddy, soggy, and bumpy. Even with plywood on the ground, I think it may still be an issue. I was thinking I could strap the plywood to the wheelbarrow as was mentioned. Either that, or my wife, daughter, and myself will just carry it all a sheet at a time. 65 sheets total Sad .

As for injuries, yeah, I thought about that today. wouldn't it be terrible if I fell off the ladder or something and was laid up for awhile?

sgtcarl: Well, I spoke too soon! Today I found that I didn't keep the end walls plumb. The corners are plumb but in the center of the wall, the top is leaning in about 1/2". Darn it. There will be a wall intersecting right there, so no big deal... nobody will ever know but me. Well, I guess yall know now too. Still, I could just smack myself for not rechecking that with a string line before I started tieing things together. I checked the long walls with a string and got them straight, but didn't do the short end walls. 35 (need a smiley that is whacking itself on the head but ISN'T smiling!

Russ: I am mostly using 3" deck screws for structural and 1 5/8" for attaching the plywood. These are the gray ones. I am also using some 3" sheetrock screws... these are the same diameter as the deck screws, just not coated. I did have some small diameter 2" sheetrock screws that were laying around, and I used some of them. You are right, I did break the heads off of several. I switched back to deck screws, but there are still some of them in easy to get to places. I may go back and change them out.

Thanks everyone for the interest in my project. I'll post some more photos shortly...

Gary
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread