WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
yellowlynn Wrote:I built a 16X38 building in my back yard in August to October 1988. I insulated all walls and ceilings on both floors. When temperatures are in the high 90s, the bottom is about 80 or so with no A/C. A small window unit keeps it comfotably cool. If I leave it on low or medium, it stays that way. Upstairs, it is much hotter, but a bit larger window unit, left on medium-low keeps it very comfortable after it is once cooled.

I've just about got everything moved downstairs now. I can still get up and down the stairs, but with a lot more difficulty than when I built it. I use electric heaters in the winter, but only when I'm out there.

So you can see, insulation in every place truly pays off, comfort-wise and penny-wise.

Lynn

Lynn, that is a nice building! Is your layout in there? And the upstairs bascially doubles the space of the building. I feel for your "up the stairs with a lot more duifficulty now"! I'll be 50 next May, and my knees are getting really bad. I have been doing some suffering going up and down the ladders. You can see my knee brace in some of the photos. Probably will get a knee replacement sometime in 2010. So, that is why my house and everything else is one story!

Did you put those shingles on the upper sides? That is steep!

I'll definitely insulate as much as I can. The well/storage building we built (well insulated) stays considerably cooler than the outside temp in summer.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread