A Diorama for Jessica
Wayne, Herc, Ralph, Andrew, Dave, Carl, Galen, Chris, JG, and Jack, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

I took the last couple weeks off for Christmas, and Im just getting back into things this week. Its taken me 3 days to catch up, and finally this morning I got to the bottom of my emails and finished making all the phone calls lol. Now its time to come back and see whats been going on the Gauge. I have to say, this is certainly a warm welcome back coming and reading all your replies in this thread Misngth

Thankyou all for all the replies and comments, I really appreciate it.

Now I have to come clean, I have not shown this to Jessica yet. I was going to give this to her for Christmas, but ultimately decided not to for a couple reasons:
  • 1. It is now very bulky and heavy with the plexi-glass installed. This concerned me because I didnt want her to struggle to unwrap such a large package.
    2. Transporting it to her Grandparents house where we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was going to be easier said then done, because well her family played Santa this year and the whole back of there Yukon was filled with presents both when we went Christmas Eve and when we went back for Christmas Morning.
    3. I didnt want to risk damage to the inside like something falling over or something breaking due to all the handling it would have to go through.

It was discussed with her and she just said to wait and give it to her as just a gift for no reason after Christmas. Her family can still see it next time they come over to her house, and it wont have to go through all the dangers of being handed and car rides back and forth lol. I am bringing it over on Saturday morning, where Jessica and her parents will see it for the first time. After that, it will be off to the Hardware store to get some brackets to hang the diorama on her wall somewhere.

I will report back when I get her and her parents reaction Misngth

Ohhh and sorry to keep this little novel going, but you guys will just have to wait a little longer for the last page. Think of it as I tore it out and ran off to keep the story going hehe
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread