Looks Like I'm About To Become A T Scaler!
tv_man Wrote:The main addition I'd want for t gauge is the ability to move the trains at a slow pace. The aforementioned 0-100-crash speed scale isn't too appealing. Not being able to do switching isn't a problem, not being able to slowly accelerate and decelerate a 10 to 50 car train is. Imagine 50+ car freight trains on a *moderately* sized layout snaking through the landscape.. Yep, that would do it for me. Easily convertible engines and cars would be next on the wishlist.

Supposedly the new 9000 series fixes both issues. They run better and the mechanism is entirely housed on the chassis so kitbashing other types of locos and rolling stock is beginning to take off. A guy over on Talking T Gauge has actually kitbashed an original 103 into a GE Dash 9 which is pretty impressive.

There are switches available now for the molded trackbed but nothing to match up to the flex track without adapters.

I really wish I had researched these a little more and held out for a 9000 series but mine will be a 103. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't have a lot of the QC issues I've been reading about. All things considered, T gauge is relatively inexpensive to get started in. After looking at Z for awhile, I was surprised by the lower cost of T gauge.
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!

Messages In This Thread