E bay Whackos!
I recently bought 45 1/32 model cars in a buy it now deal on E bay. The cars all looked great in the listing & I'm sure they were , TILL the guy dumped them all loose in a 12 X 12 box & tossed in a couple of pieces of bubble wrap . The shipping listed was 24.95 which I paid --no argument .
This is what he said about shipping:

WILL BE SHIPPED IN A 18X18X18 BOX AS EACH PIECE WILL BE WRAPPED INDIVIDUALLY-SIZE OF BOX WIL NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN SHIPPING CHARGES BUT WILL ADD ABOUT 2 POUNDS TO WEIGHT BUT, FOR SAFER DELIVERY I WILL DO THIS, IF YOU WANT THEM SHIPPED WITH JUST ENOUGH PACKING YOU CAN SAVE ABOUT 2 POUNDS ON WEIGHT WHICH MEANS YOU WOULD SAVE 2-4 DOLLARS ONLY<

A couple of days later he E mailed that he had sent them in a 12 X 12 box & was refunding me $ 1.75. I was never asked about changing the packing method & it was already sent before I knew what he had done.

I got the cars -- over half were broken in one way or another-- mostly bumpers & W/Shields, wheels broken off , just a mess.

I asked him about it & he said I OPTED for the cheap way to ship , but if I left him good feed back, he would give me $ 10.00 back, I thought about that for about 2 seconds & left this feed back. :

packed poor most cars broken offered 10$dis.said I wanted shipped cheap not true

About a half hour later I get this E Mail :

Dear camwtatt,

A REAL PROFESSIONAL AT LYING, TOUCH NOT MINE ANOINTED, YOU HAVE LIED TO AND
ABOUT THE HOLY GHOST, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED
FROM EVERY BUYING FROM ME AGAIN AND, WHEN EVERY THING GOES WRONG IN YOUR
LIFE YOU WILL LOOK BACK TO THIS DAY.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LYING, THE FIRST LIE WAS WHEN YOU LIED ABOUT ME JUST DUMPING
THEM IN A BOX, YOU OR SOMEONE, MAYBE EVEN THE PO DROPPED THE BOX AND WILL
NOT ADMIT IT.
YOU CHOSE THE CHEAP WHEY TO SHIP RATHER THEN SPEND A COUPLE BUCKS MORE, I
HOPE YOU CAN FACE PEOPLE KNOWING YOU HAVE LIED TO AND ABOUT A CHRISTIAN,
REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND ADMIT YOUR LIES
AND YOU COULD STILL BE SAVED BUT UNTIL YOU DO ADMIT YOU HAVE LIED ABOUT ME,
YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, GOD BLESS YOU, JESUS STILL LOVES YOU AND
WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU IN HEAVEN, TO BAD HE WILL NOT

After I quit laughing , I sent him this reply:

I paid the full 24.95 you asked for when you described an 18 X 18 box --YOU chose to put them in a 12 inch box with a couple pieces of bubble wrap tossed in. It was you who decided to refund a whole 1.75 on shipping AFTER it was sent. I was generous in my feedback --- all things considered. Blocking me I consider to be an act of kindness, lest I forget & accidently try to buy from you again. Thanks.
As far as invoking some sort of Christian curse on me , being an American Indian, we long ago learned to deal with all the grief the Christians of the world could dish out , so I'm not particulary impressed . Sorry it does not scare me. Have a nice day.

Somehow it seems as tho every time I have a problem on E bay , I get a whacko Christian ( I know they are not all whack jobs but when one is --whew!!) The last time was when I sold a roundhouse Galloping Goose kit ( which was a rather poor attempt at a goose, it was a box cab diesel & a box car thing with no power, but I had included a power unit. I had described the thing exactly & had pics of it both closed & open showing all the componets. The guy that bought it started yelling that it was full of junk when he opened it & where was the Brass Goose I had listed . He filed with e bay & I had to give him back his money AND he demanded 20.00 to ship it back!! E bay was NO help - in the meantime I got a bunch of letters invoking even MORE Christian curses & such -- a real nasty bunch of mail.

When I got the kit back , HE HAD NOT EVEN UNWRAPPED IT!! I am sure he was surfing E Bay & saw " Galloping Goose" at the last second, and at 40 bucks thought he was stealing a BRASS RGS GOOSE so he bid , won & THEN read the listing!!

Anyway I thought you guys might get a laugh out this whackos letter. Now I have to go buy some more glue -- I got a bunch of cars to fix!
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!

Messages In This Thread