Officially unemployed
P5se Camelback Wrote:Long story short ... within a month they closed our office and laid us all off! Save that annual rent, save by not having to pay all those big salaries. As a result of going with "No Experience" they have lost over 60% of marketshare and are in danger of going Chapter 7 ... Bankrupt! 357 357

Lay off the guys with the larger salaries (and the most knowledge and experience) and keep the guys with the lower salaries, "They only draw pictures, what do we need them for anyway?"
Our corporate sector's biggest mistake and still haven't learned from it, today's college education doesn't mean squat, heck just to get a bachelors 70% of your classes won't even deal with your major, so why add up the debt. Green grads and companies that hire them thinking they'll save on experienced workers salaries either fails fast or is one rats nest of problems.

P5se Camelback Wrote:This "kid" of 22 or 23 asked, "How did you do that?" I looked at him. :?: "With all these markers, some pastels, a little white gouche on a 4/0 brush, why?" He couldn't draw, only use CAD

Getting to that, my wife did a contract job for an engineering firm, one of the older guys (60's~) never used CAD, refused it and only drew out everything, no one questioned him since he was the 'top dog', no one was better than him. They use to scan in his drawings and work from there. Worship Unfortunately not many others in the dept worked that hard, cut corners, made HUGE mistakes with strengthen and structural integrity, while instead of admitting the problems they stuck with the deadline. Well after that my wife quit since it's not morale to be part of a team that would risk buildings that would crumble in on millwrights trying to work in them, since this is similar to jobs I've done before.
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.

Messages In This Thread