Staging: Think about it now or.....
I love this thread, so many interesting ideas and great options....so here's another. I like the idea of the added track by the "SP interchange". It gives a "realistic" approach to the term "interchange". It shows another track coming from "somewhere", doing something, and going back "somewhere". All the while, it seems as though the operator will be "out of the way". You also have "extra room" in that area, should you decide you need more room for future expansion. As a prototype idea - you can add another siding (to hold a engine and caboose) close by there. This is what railroads refer to as a "holdover" or "layover" track. That's where the "foreign" railroad can park their power and caboose. Sometimes, these trains "run out of time" and layover at the foreign terminal, then return the next day. Seeing how the term "interchange" involves switching, a yard (in my opinion) is where the interchanges needs to take place. This adds to the realism of the new scene. Just an idea, of course. Wink Will this "foreign railroad" be using steam? Will a turntable be needed? Eek Boy.......the endless options of model railroading. I love this hobby.

So, are you to be discouraged about a "flaw" in a track plan? NO!!!!!! Why? Because real railroads are always adding "new track" somewhere to accomodate work that is "new" or was "never thought of" at the time. The railroads are always growing in one way or another. (GOOD NEWS!!) So why not your railroad? No track plan is EVER perfect no matter how detailed or "thought out" it is. There is always room for change, updates or remodel.

So have fun with the "new" updates, I look forward to seeing the new "interchange". Popcornbeer By adding updates to a layout it gives you a fresh new start and keeps your interests (and skills) ongoing. Cheers

In the end...JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!!!!!!! Wink
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!

Messages In This Thread