R.I.P. Model Train Magazine Index
Somehow, typing this on my laptop at the office, I'm not able to type much more than a few paragraphs before the screen starts sliding around and freaking out. Anyway, I should say I was happy with the old Index, even before it was purchased by Kalmbach. It had its flaws, of course, but it was useful and free.

So there's no 'sane' way to extract the content. Don't extract the content. Start fresh. A big, huge, daunting project? To be sure! But that's why I posted the Kennedy quote. That's also why I like Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine. Finally, someone is taking full advantage of all the internet has to offer and melding that with a publication. Clickable ads, videos, 360 views, linked with a forum? Slap-fantastic, as another gauger would say. All it takes is vision and determination.

"We have the technology...we can rebuild it...faster...stronger..." So quit whining and do it already! This was a valuable service for the Model Railroad community. As someone in the caring and serving 'business', I know the value of providing a great service to meet a need, and the thankfulness and loyalty that results. To me, and maybe to the average modeler with a pile of back issues sitting around, this is just one more poor decision Kalmbach has made. Shame on them.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread