Tom’s 2010 Summer "Strickland Propane" Structure Challenge
And of course, the little tanker from the layout photo that inadvertantly gave me this goofy idea:

And of course we need bobtail trucks...

I am thinking Boley brush trucks, cut down for the body underneath the propane tank, and an acrylic rod with rounded ends (which is what my 40' trailer is made from) for the bodies, with custom decals. I an also use the acrylic rod to make the large vertical tank out front.

The building itself will be scratchbuilt from basswood which I already have on hand. I am really surprised however, with the lack of plain doors and 2 pane horizontal windos from Tichy or Grandt Line. Nobody makes them apparently, *sigh*. Looks like I'll have to scratch those too. For the roof, since the cartoon doesn't show roof detail (however, it is usually gray when shown in most episodes), I am thinking rolled tar paper roof. I'm thinking fine grit gray auto sandpaper cut and glued in strips. I also need a buttload of small and medium sized residential propane tanks out back, but does anyone have any ideas for the small 5 gallon barbeque type tanks? "Bobby the tank wipe" needs something to work on out back. I have "Joe Jack" and "Enrique"'s bobtails on order as well as Hank's Atlas Ford F-150 in red. I need to find suitable figures and repaint them, and need to find a source for HO "Wagner" (pronounced "Vaug-ner") outdoor grills; will probably have to carve those out of styrene I guess. Or does anyone have any ideas for those?? Must be the large stainless monstrosities that burn propane. Charcoal is a sin with "Hank Hill".
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]

Messages In This Thread