TCWORLDs Summer Challenge: Turntable Bridge
The final pictures of the bridge. It is now as complete as it is going to get for this competition. There are a couple of little finishing touches such as fences along the sides, and some weathering of the wood, but I don't have any fencing left, and I still haven't got around to ordering some weathering powders.

My N-Scale Turntable Bridge Scratchbuild and Turntable Pit Modification/Weathering (The pit is from the Heljan Manual 120' turntable kit).

Piccys:
The plastic people have teathered the arch on both sides to ensure it doesn't fall over again:
[Image: normal_IMG_1259.JPG]
A shot of modified Bachmann Plymouth Loco pulling a covered Hopper on the Turntable to be transferred to one of the sidings:
[Image: normal_IMG_1269.JPG]
A shot inside the control hut on the end of the turntable. You can see the panel which the little plastic folk use to control the turntable:
[Image: normal_IMG_1275.JPG]
Just a few general shots of how the bridge looks on the layout and with the pit at its current level of detail:
[Image: normal_IMG_1264.JPG]
[Image: normal_IMG_1268.JPG]
[Image: normal_IMG_1273.JPG]

Enjoy!
Tom (TC) - Creator of Extremely Miniature Layouts on Disks! See Them All, and More on My Website. Latest Update: Jan '10.
[Image: 200549bd0989263ef.png]

Messages In This Thread