Poll: 2010 gauage trip.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
August 14/15 weekend at the East Broad top
0%
0 0%
Fall spectacular at the East Broad top
66.67%
6 66.67%
August EBT with fall spectacular as a backup rain date
11.11%
1 11.11%
Summerail
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

EBT, Altoona trip
I'd have to agree with Randy on this one! Having beeen to all of the venues listed, I'm thinking two days, especially if you think about the travel time between sites. The East Broad Top could easily take one day. The HorseShoe Curve, depending on amount of traffic when you go could easily take half a day, at least.

I never made it to the Railroaders' Museum in Altoona (when was that built ... I don't even remember it?) but I've never been abble to get out of a museum (unless it's light-weight amaturish attempt at museum-ness) in under half a day. I've been on all-day trips to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Franklin Institute, The Museum of Natural History (all in Philly) and the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), the Guggenheim and several others in New York City many, many, many, many times and still have not seen all of any of them!

My guess is you'll see the EBT and maybe a couple "brake-burners" (where the end of a mile-plus-long train disappears in a cloud of brake shoe smoke as it descends) before the light fades.

Good luck! Have fun! Wish I could be enjoying the day with you! Maybe in the next lifetime ...

Oh, yeah ... and have a piece of Wet-Bottom Shu-Fly Pie after dinner for me when you're there in "Dutchy Country" ... that stuff is worth deviating from any diet!!

And remember ..

Take lots of photographs!!!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread