A one evening turntable bash
[quote="P5se Camelback"]I must be missing something, or maybe it's just too early for me and the gray matter isn't functioning at full synapse-exchange rate ...

Nothing wrong with your gray matter! You may think there is with mine. And I would have trouble arguing with that. However, I will explain the circumstances: I needed a way to turn locos, other than by hand as I've been doing, just asking for trouble, right? I don't want to spend any money for this. A wye would be perfect for this, but I can't fit one in. Bear in mind how this turntable will be used: At the start of an operating session, there will be six trains ready to head East. At the end of the session, there will be six trains arrived from the East, still facing west. The turntable will not be used during a session. At some time between sessions, I will turn the locos on the turntable. I've got the track laid this morning and tested, it works fine and is not difficult to slide the joiners. I do expect electrical dropouts at some point, I just have to see how long it will be. I have no ring rail to bring power to the rails, and no access to the shaft. The motor is enclosed and the way it is mounted precludes access to the shaft below the plate. BTW I am not powering the motor, I am turning the table by hand.

Messages In This Thread