In the South
I did change my mind and try to place a building with a curved front following a track in the right wing triangle area. It looks like a very comon practice in Vernon to place buildings following tracks to optimize space use. That practice could have been invented from model railroaders.

The building at the right hand of the photo got the loading ramp partly stripped off and is no longer served by the track. That permits an enhanced operation following the LAJ prototype.
The right track is inbound, the middle outbound and the left of the three curved tracks is the run around and main track. That is a "micro implementation" of the LAJ A yard. That A yard is used to serve the industry on the layout. It is feed from the hidden staging yard with BNSF and UP transfer trains. BNSF GP60M and UP GP15-1 will be used for that purpose. Looking forward to get some Atlas Genset for that purpose.
The industry is served by GP30u and GP35U and CF-7. Some details and decals are on order to modify the GP30/35 to match the actual BNSF 2536, 2648 and 2447.

I do not plan to do a major rebuild of the layout for a better Vernon/LAJ match in the next month. Instead I will implement as much LAJ aspects into the freelance layout as possible as some kind of a testbed.

[Image: Img_0366.jpg?t=1286568792]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread