Advice on Floquil paints?
I have used Floquil for years, and still like the product, even with the changes that Testors has made. I didn't know about the mineral spirits for thinning, and will try it myself ( on a test subject ). I used the original DioSol for thinning and cleaning, but now use the Testors "thinner", and clean with lacquer thinner. I have a vented spray booth where I do all my air brush, and rattle can painting. The paints can be sprayed without thinning, at the 20-25 psi pressure, but there are times where I prefer to thin slightly. I'll use a 25 (paint)/75 (thinner) when shooting a white " sunfade " weathering spray.
Floquil paint takes a while to thoroughly dry, and has a strong odor until it has dried, so if there is a "sensitive nose" in the house, you might want to think about a "drying place", as well as painting outside.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread