Poll: Do You run DC or DCC
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DC
32.69%
17 32.69%
DCC
63.46%
33 63.46%
Arm chair
3.85%
2 3.85%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DC/DCC
Ralph Wrote:Wayne, I've been enjoying your posts in this thread. As a modeler who hasn't kept up with the latest technology in the hobby I sometimes feel a bit sheepish when conversations about DCC come up. Its therefore very nice to see such a wonderful layout as yours operate without all of the marvels of current technology. I find it inspiring. Don't get me wrong guys, I am impressed by what DCC has to offer but I'm quite content doing things the old fashioned way. I try not to be a Luddite about it all but I seem to have a certain limited comfort and interest level in the newer hobby technology. Knowing that you Wayne have achieved such a quality layout and enjoy operating it as you do is rather affirming for me. Smile

Ralph

I share this feeling. In my case, I feel that running my layout will be my paramount interest rather thasn investing a lot of time, energy and money into constantly evolving technology.

The problem with DCC isn't the concept; at the moment it's like the history of audio - Tape players and eight tracks gave way to casettes which gave way to large format casettes which gave way to small format casettes which gave way to CD's which are giving way even as we speak to newer and better technology. Each time, I'm out money to maintain an interest. DCC is evolving rapidly and the stuff that was new in the last RR mag issue is now already obsolete. In a year or less it will all be computerized and controlled from a laptop, I suppose.

DSc may be old-fashioned, but it doesn't change and I will be able to concentrate on the pleasures of the layout instead of constantly trying to keep up with the latest DCC formats.

Messages In This Thread