Checking out a club.
Tetters ...

I'm glad that you, too, are having good first experiences with a club. I find myself wishing that I had been able to find one to join earlier in life, but I was never aware of one closer that an hour or so away ... so I've be a "Lone Wolf" (as we used to say,) or in today's parlance, a "Stand Alone" Model Railroader for fifty years.

I was back at "The Depot" again today, picked up my Bright Boy, and happily cleaned another 30 or forty feet of Main Line before being briefed about how the upcoming Open House will work and what my duties as an Engineer will be. I was then invited to go to lunch with three of the other members. The lunch table talk covered a broad array of topics, from club business to the weekend's NFL football results.

My Training Program to learn how to how to use a Digitrax Throttle and make a few trips across the main line from San Bernadino, CA to Victorville, CA on the ATSF's LA Division 1 Line, in preparation for operating a train during the Open House will happen on an upcoming visit. I'm actually kind of "little boy excited." It's a fun feeling to be so readily accepted by a bunch of friendly, knowledgeable guys ... and to get to run a few trains for the first time in two decades!

Enjoy, Tetters, enjoy!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread