ezdays 2010 EOY challenge
nachoman Wrote:Hey, that looks all right! I'm surprised you could not find epoxy resin (such as envirotex) at Hobby lobby. I've used clear epoxy resin from HD before, from a shelf near where they put bondo. I've also used an epoxy resin used for making microscope slides (swiped from my former university Eek ) ANd you are definitely correct - it has a shelf life. I've had it go both ways - but usually after awhile it won't harden completely.
I went to the Hobby Lobby on Bell Rd. and 75th Ave. and they had resin but it was a brownish color, HD had some in a quart can but they told me it dried a "light greenish color" and since it was made by Bondo, I backed off thinking it would be opaque. The epoxy worked well enough, I bought the 60 minute drying stuff so it's still a bit tacky after about seven hours. I used three-quarters of both tubes and still have some left over for touch-up. I even had to search for that until I found it at Ace.

BTW, it's not a really big area since this is N scale. The whole pond water area measures 7" x 4"
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread