Bridge at South Wayside
Tom Wrote:It will. The others have been FANTASTIC. For a modeler that professes to be new to scenery, you have a lot of us that have been doing this for 30+ years like myself beat by a long shot.

Tom, I built many models as a youngster growing up in the 60s and 70s, and have always been proficient at building stuff. I don't so much consider the bridges I have been doing as "scenery" but more just building models. To me, "scenery" means groundcover and trees and bushes, Now, I did do that little bit of static grass on the Mason Park bridge, and I am very pleased with how that turned out. Seriously, that was my first real attempt at permanent layout greenery.

On that note, I am feeling hugely confident that the homemade grassblaster is gonna be my ticket to some realistic scenery. I've put some thought into why alot of static grass on layouts doesn't look that great, and feel I know what to do to make it look good.

As for "beating" many of the 30+ year modelers, I don't know about that!!

Tom Wrote:But, as I say at work, there is ALWAYS something to be learned from EVERYONE, and I can't thank you enough for sharing your layout with us here virtually.

Thank you Sir! I enjoy "showing off" what I am doing, and sometimes feel I post too many "in progress" photos. Knowing that you enjoy the journey makes me feel good.

Tom Wrote:I can only hope to get the priveledge of seeing it in person next time I am in the Houston area. I'll bring beer. Worship

Tom, I would be honored to have you visit the layout if you get to Houston sometime. Make sure you let me know when you'll be here, and we'll get together. Thumbsup
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread