Non Rail Served Industries.
I'd say yes we should include non-rail served structures. Even pretty large ones. As you mentioned, it's more or less just scenery and can be very useful for view blocks, especially on an ISL. I actually think it would look much better on an industrial spur then to have just some open terrain type scenery.

These days especially, look along most any industrial spur or even along a main line, and you'll find plenty of large and small structures that are no longer served by rail or never were. There are plenty of examples that can be found in the area that Lance Mindheim models in Miami and all over the country. Take a look at this industrial branch in Marietta, GA. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=33.97...7&t=k&z=18. As you enter the spur, there are large buildings on both sides of the track that don't appear to have ever been rail served. And they sit at different angles too.

If you have to stage your train on the "main part" of the layout, as my current plan requires, it's a great way to hide the fact that the train is already on the spur and that part of the layout is just a switching lead. I'd put a highway overpass at what would be the entrance to the spur too, just to the left of the structures, to imply that the the spur connects to the rest of the world.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread