Bachmann turnout switches
Thanks Charlie B! I will do it when my extra track gets here. I am starting to understand, I didn't know the turnouts changed the feed. I have two track terminal pieces now, but more coming soon along with more track. I want to run a double loop with a turnout that joins them on one side. Then I will have a siding coming off on the other side with two more turnouts to additional sidings. I have a steam engine, 4-8-2 coming in a couple of days and a few more freight cars and a couple of cabooses. That will give me one diesel engine, one steam, 11 freight cars and 3 passenger cars. I want to run two trains at once, each on it's own circuit in opposite directions. I have a Pkg. of insulator track connecters and I will have to power each section seperate, I knew that much. I also have a programable multiple power supply on the way.

Our layout so far, is a 4 x 4 sheet of 1/2" ply. When we get that made into a real layout I plan to add another section/line going about 4' into a circle back up a hill, but, that's a way off now.

I am glad I found this forum! I will be asking a lot of questions as we learn our way to railroading. Thanks everyone for responding to my questions. It is greatly appreciated!

Jerry

Messages In This Thread