Norfolk Southern are painted black...but which one?
A second coat would have been fine in most cases, but because it puddled, I think you'd be better off stripping and starting over. Otherwise, you'll just get an uglier paint job that obscures your details. Sanding won't work, gloss black is as gloss as it gets. Its VERY sensitive paint.

Gloss black is the most intense a glossy finish can be (its literally the most glossy you can make a paint, according to the people who make my Alclad II paints).

Honestly herc driver, i think you should just strip it down, paint it engine black, and then paint it with a clear gloss finish.

Engine black is VERY dull by itself, but if you use Floquil Crystal cote, or a similar gloss finish, you'll get what you're looking for.

Thats how i painted these E44s (originally so that the decals would go on better. I've got to get around to weathering them!)

This picture looks dark, but that green color you can barely see on the flanks is the gloss reflecting. the ground cover and the boxcar behind it, just like in the photo of the NS engine. This may give you more what you're looking

[Image: 51110e8ocsreadingrdc3cr.jpg]

[Image: 51110e8ocsreadingrdc3cr.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread