Adventures in Perspective
I just came back in from painting the building on the wall. biL, your idea is what I had in mind the whole time! The building is supposed to be across the street. :oops: Your idea of a tree or two at the "street" is not a bad idea. This would be like the Walgreen's building over by MetroBank. On that note, I will be painting in either telephone poles or street light poles on the other side of the "street" which is in line with the bridge, and they would be in front of the painted building. That idea came from the origina; photos I was using for the treeline.

The idea of generating many possible ideas, and then logically arriving at which is the best is a good one. Although I try to do that, in my haste to accomplish things, I often have the "oh darn!" moment when I realize I should have done things a different way. "Why didn't I think of that!?"

Here is an overall photo of what I have now, with the 3D buildings and some trees in place. I did raise the painted building up a tad as per docWayne's suggestion, and the extra area underneath has been done starting dark at the bottom and transitioning to lighter gray at the building foundation.

Does it look like the building could be across the street?

The painted building could still be added on to as per Steamtrain's suggestion, just paint right over the trees.

Messages In This Thread