Krispy kreme, effingham, il
Just for everyones information.

The field [we call 'em paddocks 'down under'] to the left of the front view of the plant can I believe be seen in some photos and possibly in Google street view as a field of corn. Or should I write that as a corn field?

Now that gives us an excuse to model those corn fields like Cody Grivno has in Model Railroader, well at least a thin strip of the corn field when modelling on a shelf.

If anyone else has photos of the Krispy Kreme plant or of any parts of the various businesses located on the Effingham Railroad could they please post them or PM them to me. As we all know, you can never have too many photos of the subjects being modelled.

Case in point. If you zoom in on the photo of the tanks you will notice that the tank [silo actually] next to the main building is already showing signs of rust staining after only two years as the photos were shot in 2004 according to the photo info.

Now if you had only seen a broad front view of the plant you may well have missed that key weathering tip.

For those that have lived in Effingham or visited, I would be interested to hear you thoughts about the town.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread