CSX F40PH Nscale Build
Thanks for that Catt. I finished painting three passenger cars that mimic the ones used for their executive train, and am waiting for the B&O gold colored pin stripe decals to arrive for them. Along with those decals, the CSX decals should be in that same package. So hopefully, in less than a week I should have all the decals on the three cars and engine. I haven't found any dark gold colored CSX decals for the passenger cars yet though. Those might be trickier to replicate or find. Microscale doesn't make any...but I'm not giving up that easily. I might try making my own if that's even possible.

The most glaring error with that LifeLike engine is the fuel tank. The F40PH's that CSX uses have the larger tanks. Also the horn location, the ditch lights that aren't there on this LifeLike, and A/C unit over the cab. I might try to add the ditch lighting (or at least drill the holes and add clear plastic to mimic them), and add the a/c unit over the cab. I'm also considering using an Atlas fuel tank from a GP unit and modify the frame/fuel tank that this LifeLike has. So I still have some things I'm thinking of improving on with this build. But, getting it painted the right color is always the biggest thing for me to accomplish. Now that that's done, I can turn to the smaller details to add on.

More pic's when I get more done!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread