My Hometown---Part 2
doctorwayne Wrote:I spoke with a gentleman who was familiar with this class of locos when they were still operational, and supposedly they were troublesome locos right from the start, with a propensity for blowing staybolts regularly. Wayne

" a propensity for blowing staybolts regularly ??. "

OK, WHYYYYYY ??????? ---------------annoying, isn't it--------- But no one ever clearly discovered why this class of locomotive, had that problem. Where it is only one class, there must have been a design "issue", something not strong enough, something placed wrong, something that was a "mistake" for this "particular application".
I earned my living finding out why , and fixing why, and not knowing why, has always driven me to climbing the walls. Unless some common practice was inadvertently not followed, or by choice discarded, the problem should have never existed, or, it should have been prevalent in all classes of locomotives .

It's --- it's --- it's driving me sane !!!! 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread