Photos from my Southern Layout
Hello,

yesterday, I founded the freelanced "Southern steam friends" club, located just a few miles away from Topton. This club is lucky to own an original 0-8-0 Southern steamer in operational condition. They held tourist trains on sundays and two times a year a photo special with steam hauled freight trains.

[Image: 080_1i.jpg] [Image: Charter_2i.jpg] [Image: Charter_1i.jpg]
Click on thumbs for large pictures.

Well, I'm just kidding ;-) I recieved my Walthers 0-8-0 yesterday and I needed a good story, how to operate this "oldtimer" on my layout. I just couldn't resist this little engine. Since my layout is set to 1970, only diesel locomotives are used in regular service. But this little story allows it to run the steam engine as well.

There are also some news about my layout.
Since the Graham County Railroad is set to the rear of the module (normally placed against the wall), I can't go forward to build GC related modules and connect them to the Southern modules. For this I decided to rebuild the old GC RoW into a quarry loading spure and I'll build a new GC-Junction module with the GC RoW running to the front of the layout. Once this steps are done, I'll start with some Graham County modules, including the interchange yard, some "miles" of track and a freelanced Robbinsville as terminus.

Cheers, Gerd

Messages In This Thread