Amtrak Full Dome Observation Car Concept Test
Andrew - Icon_lol So true...but in this case, I'm so ticked that I botched that black window frame painting, I need to do it again. I kept hitting the window frames with my paint brush like small speed bumps. That sent the paint brush everywhere but where I wanted it. So to do it right, I'll strip this car down and repaint it correctly. If I can't get good Amtrak red/white/blue stripes, I'm even considering painting those on as well. I have the two versions of Phase III Amtrak stripe decals on order, and hope they'll fit on this car. But if they don't, I'll probably paint the stripes myself, then add the right Amtrak lettering. (This car used to wear the Phase IV colors...which would be another good car to model.) Plus, I still want to sand off the extra corrugated sides under the windows that no longer exists on the actual car body.

Green-Cab-Elite - the GG1 and E8 are Kato models...and run as good as they look. I must admit, I was never to pleased with the looks of the GG1 for a long time. But now, it's one of my favorite engines. Something about it's looks has a timeless quality about it. But, what do I know...I like the high hood GP30 too!

[Image: P1010065-1.jpg]
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread