Peanut Butter Plant
BOK Wrote:Good Morning Ed:

That line around Lexington appears to have some real possibilities for modeling with the peanut butter facility, the lumber yard, the produce company and the paper plant. I look forward to seeing your ideas as they materialize.
Hi Barry;
The Belt Line does indeed have a lot of possibilities. In fact if you had the room, a person could model the entire line from where it branches off the main line at L&N Junction to the former C&O connection and include all the current and past industries.

I've already come up with a preliminary track plan based on this posting and my other ideas, but it needs a lot of "polish" and I'll have to spend some more time looking it over, thinking about it, and refining it before I'd commit myself to even temporarily lay out the track plan. Has possibilities though.

BOK Wrote:Take care of yourself and don't push it as you recover. Enjoy the hobby gradually and for relaxation.
Thanks, for sharing your ideas.
You're quite welcome and I'm taking it easy for the most part, although the urge to get busy and do something constructive is getting the best of me.

BOK Wrote:Barry, who is "knee deep in alligators" training new hire conductors and trying to re-write employee timetables for our railroads.
I was involved in writing "simple, but compliant" operating rules for TransKentucky Transportation (TTIS) when they were first starting up in 1980; so I understand what you're going through. Quite a chore! Was based on the Uniform Code of Operating Rules and included some other things like Manual Block Operating Rules, currently then in use on the L&N (now called Direct Traffic Control). The use of the DTC wasn't really necessary since they only operated one train, one way a day, but that's what the General Manager wanted with the view that "one day" they might be operating more than one train at a time. Could have just operated the whole 50 miles under Rule 93.

The hardest part was getting the people to actually understand and comply with the rules. Guess these days, they just use the CSX operating rules, since CSX took the line back.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread