Selective Compression
My only thought on "selective compression" is:
If there is no room for the full scale size of the building, there is also no room for the full scale size of the surrounding topography.
It all has to be "reduced" to fit, and the reductions should all result in a balanced, "normal" appearance.

The three old modules were "grown". the only planned feature was the two track main, that was part of the original specifications for the individual module.
In the process of "growing them", I had to selectively compress a lot of scenery. It looked good enough from the normal viewing level, but when I finally got a chance to photograph the set from a high vantage point ( Ariel view ), I was surprised to see how lucky I was that it actually came together, and looked somewhat believable.

The hard part is in not "overpopulating" the reduced property size. Wink If a scene becomes too crowded?.......selectively compress the number of "added details ".
Kind of like....one dumpster instead of five, or....if the "field" had sixteen old tires lying about, and the "field" had to be reduced 50%, to fit, only use eight old tires lying about.
The feel of the original scene can be maintained, even if the "vastness" of the area has been diminished.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread