Are there too many colors?
I guess I have to ask the "dumb question"......What paving material is the street supposed to be...concrete, Black top, ????

My first impression is that it is meant to be black top, in which case it is no where near dark enough to begin with.
If it is meant to be concrete?.........too white!, and the road edges are not well enough defined, and there are no expansion joints.

That said, I would have a tendency to lay down the street in the "new" color of the paving material represented, add the lane markings and then age it from there, and add the oil drippings, tire skid marks, cracks, repairs, etc. ( it's hard to really judge, as the photo isn't giving us a clear idea of what the color looks like to the eye, it appears to be the same color as the raw "dirt" of the hill behind the building.) The added scenery seems to make the road look even whiter, and therefore less natural. You did state " I'm really looking for honest opinions rather than a bland "looks good." "
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread