Design and Operations of a Modern Layout
I had thought of a modern team track - blanked out on the name - something similiar I see in Vancouver, and something BC Rail used to have, that way I could take some of the cars there. By modelling Emerson Manitoba, most of the traffic is through traffic; its at the border and this area - town of roughly 700 - is for BNSF and Soo line drop off and CP (and CN?) pick up. This way I can work in some American traffic on my Canadian layout. So the bottom deck is Vancouver (sort of), my nolix (modified helix) is the Fraser Canyon around North Bend BC, the the top deck will be a short version of the Emerson Sub.

From Wiki:

:Emerson is a town in south central Manitoba, Canada, with a population of 655. The town is named after writer Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Emerson is located on the east bank of the Red River, just north of the border with the United States at the point where Manitoba, Minnesota, and North Dakota meet. Over the years, it has been an important railroad and border-crossing town. Just south of Emerson (in Pembina, North Dakota), two major U.S. rail lines, the Great Northern Railway (now the BNSF Railway) and the Soo Line Railroad cross the border and are met, respectively, by the Canadian National and Canadian Pacific Railways. There are customs inspection facilities for both lines on both sides of the border. Emerson borders the Rural Municipality of Montcalm, the Rural Municipality of Franklin, Kittson County, Minnesota, and Pembina County, North Dakota. The small towns of St. Vincent, Minnesota and Pembina, North Dakota are not far across its southern border with the United States. The town's education needs are served by Emerson Elementary (K-8) and Roseau Valley School in nearby Dominion City. The side of town west of the river is known as West Lynne.

Messages In This Thread