Posing another question about the hobby.
I'll bet you had a lot of fun witih that terain, too!

When I was a little kid in Germany, I used my Lincoln Logs to make bridges, and a cast off set of dominos from the Officer's Club to make the ramps and abutments. I would spend days at a time setting things up just to run the train over, under and around a few times, then tear it all down and start putting the next track challenge together. No scenery, no frills, no nothing, and I thought grades were what I got in school, but that little Marklin engine pulled all my cars anywhere I could dream up, and it never faltered.

If I got good enough grades, I got a special trip to the Marklin store in downtown Munich, where the greatest layout I had ever seen was always running, and they would demonstrate anything you asked for. As I reward I would get some track, or sometimes a car. I could never afford any engines, but I did fall in love with a Marklin Alligator overhead electric. That little engine, developed for the Swiss mountain passes, could turn and climb like a goat, and all I could think of was what I could do on my domino and Lincoln Logs bridgework.

Those were good times.

Messages In This Thread