Poll: What lights your fire?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1- model building
22.58%
7 22.58%
2- scene building
32.26%
10 32.26%
3- loco/rolling stock building
9.68%
3 9.68%
4- operations
25.81%
8 25.81%
5- dioramas
0%
0 0%
6- collecting
3.23%
1 3.23%
7- has to be a full blown layout or I'm outta here
6.45%
2 6.45%
8- track planning
0%
0 0%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What lights your fire
I have stated before, so this is a repeat.....
I like building models.
Model Railroading, offers up the chance to do, and combine all the above.
Scene Building: ( model building of; components of the scene, and then putting them together in a realistic arrangement )
Locos, Rolling stock building: (model building of; <--------------- ).
Dioramas: ( model building of; trees, grass, weeds, rocks, streams, rivers, etc. and a bit of Scene Building )
-----------------------------------------
operations, collecting, track planning: all part of the process of Scene Building. Creating a realistic environment for the operation of the collected locos, and rolling stock. Collecting, though, can be simply for the sake of having, and need not be specifically for the hobby of model railroading. ( Big Grin I don't try to operate baseball cards Big Grin )

has to be a full blown layout or I'm outta here: Here, I have to get off, have a scotch or three, and wait for the next train. I like building models. The "Layout", therefore, becomes the "display case" for my models.

Big Grin Big Grin Nope I don't have a room big enough for a layout that could "operationally", include this: Eek 357 357

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread