Superstorm Sandy
doctorwayne Wrote:I tried to contact Gary Pfeil (jglfan), in Boonton NJ, but no response. I hope it's just a case of the power being out.

Wayne

Hi folks, yes we've lost power as of 4:00 Monday and was told today that it may be another 5 to 7 days. The first two days weren't bad but now the nights have been colder ( no heat or hot water). My wife has been using the catering type burners to heat up food. House temp was in the 50's till today, now in mid 40's. I am back at work today, they just got power back, and it is my first chance to see the news since Monday. No damage to my home, other than the gate that opens to the back yard, which was blown off its hinges. Biggest piece of luck was little rain, with no electric I have no sump pump and a lot of rain would have caused water in the basement. No trace of water thankfully! Biggest problem now is not lack of electricity, it is the lack of electricity at the gas stations. Most are still closed, those that are open have lines 1/4 mile long. I had filled up over the weekend but will need to get gas tomorrow again, hope some more stations get power.

Messages In This Thread