Spam?
teejay Wrote:Don , I don't get the purpose of spamming . What's the point of it all ...advertising something ? So the site ( wherever it may be ) figures it out and deletes the person , bot , Obi wan Kenobi or whatever ....what a waste of everyones time .

T

I could never understand the purpose behind those telemarketer phone calls around dinner time either. I always ask myself, how can someone bother you to the point that you're annoyed and even fuming mad Curse , then expect you to buy what they're selling? That is beyond my comprehension, but it must work or they wouldn't do it since there are those few that actually respond to these calls and spam. So far today I turned down an absolutely free security system from one company and an absolutely free emergency call system by yet another company. One day, I got four, count them, four phone calls from "Rachel" telling me that there's noting wrong with my credit card, but her company is willing to help me anyway Icon_lol .... Google "Rachel and credit card" and you'll see that she is a national annoyance.

Spammers send out millions of messages a day, constituting about 75% of all email traffic. If they get .00001% response (10 out of 1,000,000), that turns into a good number of new "customers" every day. Somebody will respond to these messages and phone calls, and these people get paid for creating traffic, not sales. We respond to spammers within minutes, even getting them before they finish registering (I can't tell you how we do this), other sites are not as vigilant as we are and sometimes the spam sits there for days or weeks. Normal people hang up, ignore these messages or hit, "delete", that small percentage of those that don't are why there are spammers and telemarketers.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread