Spam?
BR60103 Wrote:Don:
We finally moved to a phone system with call display and voice mail.
If the display says "unknown name" or "no number" we let it go to the answering machine. No message = no callback. If people we know don't leave a message, we may not call back.
The latest machine is improved; if they hang up fast enough we don't even get a null message.

I have mulled over doing that. Our phones are all equipped for that and if we don't pick up after four rings, the machine will.

teejay Wrote:We did have the " duck cleaners " about 2 years ago ....called 3 or 4 times until I used a word slightly different than " duck " Icon_lol ...and apparently more effective ......because Justin or Ramjeet didn't call back .

I think I got 1 email from Nigeria ....few years ago ......apparently I'm a wealthy man because of some billionaire over there if I just help him out by showing "good faith " 357 357 ....yeah and pigs fly .

What a changed world , eh ?

I got tired of one robo call and waited to "press 1 for more info", and used a word like you did. The guy told me that I'd never get off the list now because I swore at him... Good people.

A few weeks ago I got a call for "Microsoft support" telling me that I have a problem with my computer. The caller was obviously in India, so I decided to have some fun with him. He's ask a question and I'd give him a answer he was looking for, or I'd give him a totally different answer. He'd ask, "what do you see on your screen?", I'd answer, "I'm doing fine, how are you doing?" Then I'd tell him about my lumbago, or how he kids never call from college, or how my wife burned dinner. One time he asked, "what are you doing to protect your computer?" I told him, "I just wrap it in a condom and it gets all the protection it needs." He really tried to play it straight, but I think I heard him chuckle once or twice..... 357 357 Sometime we all need to do this, that way you waste their time and have a good time doing it. Big Grin Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread