Mountaingoatgreg 2013 Duff Challenge
Well this project has been mothballed...

I needed to work on something smaller....

SOOOooooo Now I can get of my Duff just in time to get this new challenge done in the time frame.
I have been working on a modular shelf layout and have been in need of an appropriate switch engine. Since I am modeling Bend Oregon and the staple locomotive was the Alco RS3 I figured that would be what I spent time on. I already had completed an Atlas RS3 that I custom painted around 10 years ago so I thought I would just get it ready and add sound. After a closer examination I saw that my earlier effort had some things that need work. I also had since found a article and better photos of the RS3 to work from. So the first thing I did I stripped all the details and completely disassembled the unit down to the frame.

[Image: SPS2067_zps8390fed8.jpg]

So far I have completely disassembled the model and cut the frame down to width. I am still in the process of building the fuel tank. I have modified the pilot to better represent the pilot of the model I am doing. I have also removed the plastic fan and replaced it with etched brass. The number boards were already done, but I have changed the mounting of the class lights. I have set the interior up so I can detail it, I have had to build an un-prototypical wall to hide the flywheel, but it is way more open than it was. I also trimmed down the exhaust stack to make it more square. My next step is to get the holes filled and get the fuel tank finished.

[Image: IMG_5406_zpsb2b2ca35.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5403_zpsa216ca39.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5414_zpsc2ecc7e0.jpg]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread