Small Highway/Switching Layout
steinjr Wrote:Page 91 in MRP 2007 - "Bridges as scene separators". He refers to pictures in the article on his AIDRY (Argentine Industrial District Railway) in the february 2007 Model Railroader.

Then scene most similar to the one Josh is working on is a bridge made by several Rix highway overpass kits, with a ramp up to the bridge on one side, is the one separating Chuck Hitchcock's Freight House zone (furthest counterclockwise on his layout) from his Sinclair zone (lower wall on his layout plan).

Bridge comes out of the wall between two buildings, crosses four RR tracks using three sets of pillars and continues out to layout edge. Inset about an inch from layout edge is a ramp running parallell with the tracks between the tracks and the layout edge, looks about 1.3-1.5 times as long longer than Josh's cardboard placeholder.

Smile,
Stein

Bob and Stein, thank-you very much for all the info on that article Misngth Ill have to see if i can get my hands on the articles form Feb. MR 2007
and the MRP from 2007 Misngth Thanks again guys, i think i should be able to order back issues hopefully lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread