Scenario cards: a second try
I'll close out this thread by showing the set up for a full ops session...something that I think could keep me busy for a few days.

I selected locals MK-2 and KM-3 from my route sheet. I also plan to run a couple of short extras, one to Penvan for ACME Auto Parts (a boxcar load of gaskets and a coil car of steel), and what I'm calling the "Steel Job" (pulling three empty gons and moving some coil cars from one track to another at KP Steel) .

I'll also be running the RDC, switching the car float, and rolling the two "through trains"; KP&W's S101 Coal train, and PC's KV-6 ( a run from Williams Yard to Selkirk) across the layout. These trains are regulars that I keep staged on tracks behind the large Empire Grain complex.

OK, so after drawing cards to set up scenarios for the locals and extras here's how things look at the start.

[Image: 001_zpsba934bda.jpg]
KP&W's RDC is set up to exit the tunnel, stop at stations and go back to staging.

MK-2 is set up on the Mayfield Branch (a hidden staging track)
[Image: 002_zpsc8c73743.jpg]

KM-3 is set up (except for power which will come from Kings Port's loco yard later) at the entrance of Williams Yard.
[Image: 004_zpsce7583e7.jpg]

The Float Yard is ready with cars to be set on the car float (other cards specify the opposite or else ask for more cars that are placed in yard tracks for later).
[Image: 003_zps3e5f9947.jpg]

The short extra to Penvan's ACME Auto Parts is staged sans power on the "pocket track" in Kings Port.
[Image: 005_zps60230b42.jpg]

The "Steel Job" is set up at KP Steel
[Image: 006_zps83c810f1.jpg]

Power for KM-3 and the Penvan Extra is ready to go...
[Image: 007_zpsdc0d24f4.jpg]

...and finally here are the switch lists and reminder notes I'll use throughout the ops session. It took me about 45 minutes to draw cards, set up the cars, and create the switch lists. All part of the fun for me. I'll come up with a design for Extra Orders to replace the scrawled notes on 3X5 cards. Smile
[Image: 008_zps26f9fd0c.jpg]

Messages In This Thread