Freelance 2013-2 (MAW)
The south elevator complex is complete. The leg and pipes got a gray paint and the steel bin got a thin layer of light gray over the glossy silver. Those colors match a somewhat older part better.
The ground got it's base cover. Shrubs and trees will follow in the next days when the white glue has set. I do not intend to put any further structures at that spot to emphasize the rural location.

[Image: file_zps109e7768.jpg]
[Image: file_zps84bd3521.jpg]

North and south elevator complex. Walthers has niche conveyor bridge kit of edged brass (933-2940). I plan to run that conveyor bridge over the wet and dry bins into the top house of the concrete elevator/silo. The grain dryer/surge bin and truck unloading pit (and loading?) will be connected with another leg. Those parts shall be brand new and stay as glossy steel.

I am unsure how to do the truck loading. I can use the shed currently used for testing and attach it to a leg. I did see a lot of prototype examples where truck loading grain flow is better controlled via another surge bin, similar to the one feeding the grain dryer. Another option is to use the surge bin for truck loading and feed the grain dryer directly from the leg.
Question:
Does the prototype dump the grain directly from the leg into grain dryer and truck loading or is one or both grain streams buffered via one or two surge bins?
(ps. assembling the surge bin kit is a pain.....)

[Image: file_zpsf4174bb5.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread