This week's ops
Thanks guys! This is fun...and it helps keep my mind sharp. Smile

Next up is the Kings Port to Mayfield local KM-3. I've documented this train in other threads so I'll just show a couple pics of it. KM-3 is different every time however thanks to my scenario cards that provide an element of randomness to the train.

Power is the usual GP40 number 3007, seen here rolling past an MOW train that is set there because of a scenario card draw. The MOW train won't interfere with KM-3 but it will be interesting to see how it messes with other trains in the ops lineup this week.
[Image: 001_zpsffcd59f2.jpg]

Coupling onto the cars for the train, KM-3 gets ready to move out of Kings Port. The more I look at that blue and white building in the background, the more I think I'll replace it with something else.
[Image: 002_zps0de44b7f.jpg]

Train work: Two loaded hoppers for the interchange track
[Image: 003_zps5b1a950e.jpg]

Two empty hoppers for Hedberg Aggregates
[Image: 006_zps3cf08bfd.jpg]

Three boxcars were dropped off at GERN and now four covered hoppers are being picked up at Empire Grain. The gons with steel coils are bound for Peerless Appliance in the off layout town of Mayfield.
[Image: 009_zpsb8c9fc5f.jpg]

The train heads into staging. I recently added a turnout to create a second staging track there. I need to redo the tunnel portal which originally was only big enough for one track.
[Image: 010_zpsed99dbc0.jpg]

That's today's ops! More tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread